Knight Keystor

A record of my journey of chess improvement.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sidebar Pruning (Updated)

I just finished doing some cleanup of the Knights Errant section of my sidebar. Basically, I removed any knights that hadn't posted in three months or more. I made a folder in my bloglines feeds called "Inactive Knights" and moved them all there so that if they return I'll remember to link back to them.

For the record, I removed Celtic, Reborn, Man de la Maza, Pawn Sensei, Board Scholar, Guru, Lucky Bobby, Loomis, Samurai Pawn, and Poe Ripper. I also removed Tempo and Underpromoted Knight as they have both stated that they are done blogging (at least for now.) Finally, I moved Fierabras to Other Chess Blogs as he has left the knights but continued to blog.

UPDATE -- As noted in the comments to this post, I've added DK Transform to my sidebar and moved DutchDefence from Knights to Other Chess Blogs.

7 Comments:

Blogger transformation said...

well done. ive seen your blog before and glad that i revisited. obviously you pay attention. this prunning that you are doing has much to recommend it, and i have a long tool bar list, and need to do mine, too! i am adding you now to it--my fix list, all in one fell swoop.

as you know, there are serious folk who are active here who, for whatever reason, committed to chess improvment equal to any, elect not to be Knights, and i am one of them. a friend of the Knights, as they say.

see you around, and hope that this day finds you well, and greetings from the emerald city. i am active at CTS, speaking of emerald. :) warmly, dk

4/10/2007 2:02 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

Hi dk,

Thanks for the warm regards and kind words. I had heard of you before...yet for some reason, you never made it onto my list and my feeds...I'll add you now :)

Thanks again,
Ron

4/10/2007 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ron, there's some more pruning for you to do, namely me. You can move me to the other chess blogs (that is if you wish to keep me on your sidebar) as i am an ex-Knight. The link itself is out of date as well. Click on my name for the correct link.

Take care!

4/10/2007 9:23 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

dutchdefence,

Thanks for the update...I'll get it taken care of.

Ron

4/10/2007 10:21 PM  
Blogger transformation said...

how goes the chess? just checking in? what do you wish to write of? is there an encouragement you can get or that we can give you?

of course, i am an active blogger but not a knight, but a friend of the knights, as we say, and a serious student for sure.

how goes the effort or study, if that be your purpose to write here?

just checking in. dk

6/06/2007 2:23 AM  
Blogger Ron said...

Hi DK,

Thanks for checking in. I've actually stepped back from chess and become much more casual and infrequent in my study. As much as I enjoy it, I decided that I was putting too much time and effort into something which is not likely to offer much of a return.

Anyway, the details are in my most recent blog entry if you want to take a look.

Thanks again,
Ron

6/06/2007 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Infinity Chess King said...

Nice post. Keep up the good work!

5/31/2012 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker