Knight Keystor

A record of my journey of chess improvement.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Expanding the Training Regimen

I've decided not to halt the tactics training, but instead to supplement it with some endgame study and increased master game study (to provide a sort of "strategy training.") My wife bought me Karsten Mueller's Chess Endgames 1 for Valentines day and I have Silman's Complete Endgame Course on order.

In order to make time for this supplemental material, I will be cutting back on my correspondence games at FICGS. I only have nine active games left and will not be joining any more tournaments for a while.

I'm hoping that this new, expanded regimen will continue to provide the benefits that I have been seeing from tactics training while also improving the previously neglected facets of my game. As always, I'll keep you posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker