Knight Keystor

A record of my journey of chess improvement.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

First CTS Session

I did my first session at the Chess Tactics Server today. I'm amazed how much of a factor time plays in the rating calculations. I consider myself to be doing pretty well if I am able to solve a problem in 5-10 seconds, but that's often not good enough on the server.

Oh well, my purposes for using CTS are exposure to and practice of a large number of problems as well as an evaluation of sorts to gauge my tactical progress in general. As long as my accuracy stays within an acceptable range and I am solving the problems in well under 30 seconds, I'm not going to worry too much about my "rating." Anyway, my statistics are now on my sidebar along with the rest of my ratings.

Speaking of ratings, I broke back above 1700 on PlayChess again today! After I hit 1700 last week, I lost a game to an 1891 and then another to a 1776, knocking my rating back down to 1677. Time to start looking toward 1800 as the next milestone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I’m trying to solve some problems with my new template and wondered if you could help me out. Could you please check out my blog and see if the layout is as it is supposed to, that is with the title “Samurai Chess” at the top of the page.

It seems that people with Internet Explorer 6.0 or older has problems viewing the page correctly, namely some problems with the scrolling function which puts the title and posts further down on the page.. Some have updated their IE to the new 7.0 which seems to have worked out fine. Please get back to me if you experience any problems.

Thanks!

Sincerely

/Chris aka Samuraipawn

11/01/2006 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker